Thursday 6 March 2014

Learning to find Thankfulness

Sometimes life gets really messy and all a mom wants to do is crawl back into bed, pull the covers over her head and whimper softly until she falls asleep. Can anyone else relate???
No?? It's just me then? Haha

I've been working on the past year on finding thankfulness even when I have no desire to be thankful.
The funny part is the more I find thankfulness, the more I feel it, The more I feel it, the easier it is to find. You can see how this cycle goes. :)

So today on this snowy Thursday I am finding thankfulness in some ordinary ways.

I am thankful it's March.
Isn't he/she a cutie?
Since we have now flipped the calendar onto March that means we are so much closer until spring. Although we haven't had the tons of snow that everyone else has we have had a brutally cold winter and I am so looking forward to getting out and playing in the yard.

I am thankful for these posters. Which in turns makes me thankful for a cyper friendship turned real life one. 
I saw these posters in a educational store in the city when my friend Marie invited me on a weekend away. They are so beautiful.
You really need to check out her blog My cup runneth over. I love her embrace of real life, and how she puts God foremost in their lives. 
Marie thanks for having me that weekend. I had a blast getting to know you better and look forward to many more mommy play dates. :)

I am thankful for empty boxes. 
Empty boxes means we are becoming more and more settled in. Yesterday I managed another 8. It is a slow process and I am finding so much more that we can live without.

I am so thankful that my handsome husband is on track with me wanting to purge. He completely agrees that we have WAY to much stuff.

I am thankful for God's glory and the way He sends me little things to remind me. Such as these beautiful flowers. 

I am linking up today with Aurie. Come hop over and share some thankfulness of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment