Wednesday 16 November 2011

Yay! Another bloggy party!!


I love these parties. This is a great way to "meet' new people. It is a lot of fun and I love to hear about others stories.

I will do a little bit of what Abigail is doing.

So here it goes.

My name is Sherri and I first started to blog simply as a way to share. I honestly never expected to get to know so many wonderful women but I thank God very much that I have.

1.  What is the nerdiest/geekiest/weirdest thing about you?

Hmmm that's a toughie. I guess it would be that I love numbers. Before my iPhone I was a walking phonebook. Now I rely on it way more. I am sure my kids could come up with a ton more weird things about me though.

2.  If you could live in a fictional universe from any book movie or television show, what would it be?

Hmmm ok I guess it would  be Heartland. I am a sucker for the living that lifestyle. I would love love love to live on a ranch somewhere. Preferably in the foothills or the mountains.

3.  Little or big, practical or frivolous, what is one of your favorite items in your house.

Well other than my new Canon rebel and my veggie steamer,( Ok maybe I am more of a nerd than I thought. :) ) is my antique organ that my mother in law gave us. It was in her family since new and when they moved they knew I wanted it so they gave it to us.

Sorry about the terrible pic quality. But I was lazy and just grabbed my phone.

4.  Do you like animated movies? If so what is your favorite?

Yes I do a lot actually. My favorite for all time is Veggietales, but then my second favorite is Lion King and recently I love Tangled and of course Shrek. I enjoy for them mostly for the comedy but also they each have a great story with them.

5.  What is your favorite household chore?

Laundry, hands down!
Although cleaning as a rule I don't mind at all. Cooking however not so much.

6.  What is your favorite thing to get at Starbucks?

Yumm yumm yumm I fell head over heals in love with Peppermint white chocolate mocha's last Christmas. They are sooooo good. In the spring and summer when they are not around I ask to add the peppermint because I love them so much. However this fall I tried the Pumpkin Spice latte and HELLO they are amazing as well!!!!! They are my new fall drink!!! My hubby and I used to drink French Vanillas at Tim Horton's but then I managed to almost convert him ( at least while we are together) over to Starbucks.



7.  What is your favorite pizza topping?

Pineapple, mushrooms, and pepperoni. Delicious!!!

8.  Waffles or pancakes.

Waffles hands down. But only when I can smother them in whipped cream and strawberries or else really neither.

9.  Do you like to play games?

Yes very much. I grew up playing many card games such as solitaire, crib, canasta, honeymoon whist, etc. Now we incorporate a lot of outdoor games in as well such as crochet, bocce ball, horseshoes and recently we now play redneck golf as well.

10.  Have you let anyone win a game?

On purpose? Yep probably. I like to win but I also love to see the joy on others faces when they win as well.

11.  Have you ever dyed your hair.

Oh yea. Before it was for fun, now it is because of the greys showing up. I like to have my hair done.

12.  Do you make your bed every morning?

Maybe not every morning but every day I do. I love climbing into a nicely made bed. I also love the look of it made when I walk into my room. Something about it just gives me cheer.

13. Picasso or Norman Rockwell?

Picasso I guess although I would probably say neither. I much prefer photographs or my son's art work. He is one talented young man.



14.  Do you like carpet, tile or hardwood floors.

Hardwood by far except in the bathroom and entry ways. If it I had it my way it there would be no carpet in my house at all. Only throw rugs.

15.  If you could put one thing in a safe under your bed what would it be?

Hmm I do have a safe right now and it is currently holding our passports. Other than that I would through my memory cards in.

16.  What is your favorite condiment?

I love homemade relish. I used to have just relish and butter sandwiches. Yummm

17. Have you ever thrown up on someone? (other than when you were a child)

I don't believe so. I might have when I was in the hospital with our middle child. I don't honestly remember I was so sick. I have been thrown up on by my beautiful children. :)

18. What is the last thing that made you laugh?

Well my daughter can usually always make my chuckle but my last full blown laugh was when we had coffee with our son and his girlfriend. Brandon and his dad were talking about a guy that they both might know so they were describing him to each other. Brandon said to his Dad well he is whiter than you are Dad. I burst out laughing. Yes my hubby is getting whiter but he is FAR from being white enough to notice. It just cracked me up.

19.  Think fast what is the first song that pops into your head?

The one song I have been singing over and over in my head lately is the "This is the stuff" by Francesca Battistelli. I heard it on the radio about a week ago and it has been in my head ever since. I just I can just totally relate to this song.




Well that's it. I finally managed to answer all the questions. Now if you managed to stay around long enough to read all the them please feel free to peruse around my blog. I love to get to know more people and love comments as well.

I am linking up today with Abigail, over at the Rear Window.

Please feel free to check out other fantastic blogs over there.





No comments:

Post a Comment