Wow is it really that time already.
A wrap up and a new month. It is amazing how fast time flies.
Ok enough chit chat. lol
Here were my last months goals.
1. Finish up my to do sewing list I have.
Nope never did this one at all. Not once all month. Oh well. I have big hopes that I will get at it eventually. HA!
2. Clean up and declutter my desk.
Well this was mostly a yes. My desk is way cleaner but I never did get around to my files. I really need to get to that as it is already February and I need to put away last years files so I can start putting this years files where they belong.
3. Try new recipes weekly.
This one I had a slow start on but I did do really great later on. I made this recipe for Granola Energy Balls from The Marathon Mom. In fact I made it twice once following the recipe to a 't' and the next time cutting back the peanut butter by half and adding half nutella. Which was a huge success with my family.
Then I tried this recipe for lemon chicken. I even actually used real garlic for the first time. I even had to google how to skin the clove. Sad but true. The only thing that I never added was rosemary as my hubby is allergic. This was AMAZING!!!! Everyone loved it, even my daughter whom was so sick with a cold she was barely functioning ate the entire meal. The only problem I had was that I found the temp to be too high for my stove and I kept setting the smoke detectors off. So I turned it down and voila a delicious meal. I took prep pictures of this but I forgot to take final pictures so maybe next time I make it I will write about it again.
Then I even made homemade cheese crackers from a recipe my friend gave me. It is very similar to this recipe but with a few tweeks. The outcome? It was super easy to do. Made cute crackers and my daughter really likes them. However both my oldest son and my hubby did not. So I think I need to do a bit more tweeking.
Tonight I am making Crockpot chicken and rice from this recipe but as usual I am tweeking it a bit. I am unable to have canned soup or at least I haven't bought any gluten free kind and when I checked out the recipe the night before I realised that I don't have the Italian seasoning so I am using actual Italian dressing.
I will let you know what the family thinks because unfortunately we did not get a chance to eat it tonight so it is sitting in the fridge awaiting supper tomorrow night. Between running the entire day, supper at home was an impossibility. Tomorrow. At least I have most of tomorrow's supper made. Bonus. :)
Ok so now on to February's goals.
1. Clean one room throughly and completely, plurged, window washed (if have any) ceiling and walls washed. Lights washed, bulbs changed. If have curtains, them washed, iron or replaced if need be. Guess I could possilby be sewing this month. :) I want to do at least one a week. Hoping to be able to pull off maybe two a week.
2. Keep up with the making a new recipe every week. I love this idea and even though I had a slow start last month I had great success at the end and now I am hooked. However having this forum has helped keep me on track and not just fall for the old stand-bys.
3. Take more pictures. I love my camera. I love taking pictures. However I seem to leave it at home often. I am a landscape picture lover and have recently fallen in love with the picture that are words with each letter being a different piece of landscape. I am hoping to do the same thing and make my own pictures. Possibly gifts this year???
Wow looks like a busy month. Good thing it is a short one. hahahahaha
I am linking up today with Ashley for the 3 in 30 weekly link.
I am also hanging out tonight with Michelle over at Caffeinated Randomness.