Friday 27 January 2012

3 in 30 update

Well not a bad week. Did some of my goals and have totally shot down one of them. I guess I might have to carry it on to next month, or the month after that, or the one after that. LOL I will get it done honest.

1. Finish up my to do sewing list I have.
Fail!! I have not worked at all on this. I keep finding other ways to keep my focus. Like I said maybe February?

2. Clean up and declutter my desk.
I did not work on this particular one this week, but my desk looks actually pretty neat and tidy. I just opened mail today and sorted it out and placed it on top. Need to put in my phone when and how much to pay and then can file it under to be paid, until it is paid and can file it in appropriate files. Maybe tomorrow on my lazy day I can finish up shredding and putting away last year files.

3. Try new recipes weekly.
Ok this one I managed to do. I saw this recipe for Granola Energy Balls on The Marathon Mom. I thought for Sarah's dance these would be nutritional, handy to pack and easy to make, so it was a must try for me.

Well...the first batch I tried straight as the recipe said she disliked. So I gave some to my son, who gave some to his roommate who LOVED them. When my hubby came home he saw them in the fridge and also had to try them and also LOVED them. For him they are fantastic as he is a diabetic and these (other than the choc chips) have no added sugar to them except for the natural honey! So I bought some more coconut and decided to give it another whirl. As I was trying to rack my brain on how I could get Sarah to eat them as she was complaining they had to much peanut butter in them I decided I would see what she thought of Nutella. So I bought the knock off variety as I did not even know for sure she would like it. Turns out she REALLY likes Nutella. To the point where she packs some up with bread sticks and sliced apple for dance snack as well.
So I decided to try and cut out some of the peanut butter, ( not all as I think it is an important ingredient to have in these even if just for the protein factor alone) so I added about half and half peanut butter and Nutella.
Verdict????
She LOVES them. In fact I have a hard time keeping her out of them during the day. She sneaks some while she is doing school work. Now I am not a huge fan of Nutella so I found a recipe on Pinterest that tells me how to make my own, that I want to try.
However for now she is in love and I am happy.
This is a pic of it being made. Note the iPad with the recipe on it.
Also side not I never added yogurt that is the container that my ground flax in stored in. Not very pretty but effective for now. I forgot to take a pic of it in the balls but if you hop over to Brandy's site you will see it all nice and pretty there.

Well this month was not fantabulous but not terrible either. Although I didn't get to all my goals I did do some and on top of that I did a whole pile of other stuff that I have been wanting to try forever. Keep checking back because I plan on writing about them in the next week.

Until then have a great night and have a fantastic week.

I am linking up today with Ashley at the weekly 3 in 30 challenge.
Also today I am linking up with Michelle at her Caffeinated Randomness.

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a healthy recipe...and that's great that you kept trying until you found something your daughter would enjoy. What a fun goal to have for the month (trying new recipes)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recipes around here tend to get changed due to taste buds and what I have lying around. LOL I am actually going to try another new one tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

      Delete
  2. I have a goal regarding my desk, too, though it is to unpack the boxes that are next to it. I shut down on mine, too. I figure I'll get to it eventually!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It is not like they are going anywhere.
      I hope you enjoy your week as well.

      Delete
  3. I didn't even post this week! I keep wanting to try granola bars too. My kids adore Nutella-it is so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that. Sometimes life gets to crazy to post. It is really expensive. I want to try the recipe I found on Pinterest when this jar is empty.

      Delete
  4. Good job on the goals! Organizing my desk is on my list for next month! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck for February. I am not even sure what exactly my goals are going to be.

      Delete
  5. Craft organizing and decluttering... those are tough to find time for! The cooking though, now that's something we have to do anyway, so why not mix it up a little. May have to try the granola bars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The granola bars are a big hit around here. My daughter took them to dance and they were a bit hit there as well.
      I love organization. I just have a tenacity to get lazy about it. LOL

      Delete
  6. Great, great job! I think those granola energy balls sound good! I am looking for recipes like that, too.

    Keep trying. One out of three isn't always bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I feel that even if I only complete one goal that is still one thing I wasn't doing the month before.

      Delete
  7. I've linked you to my Random 11 blog post today. I hope you'll stop by and participate! http://www.mommy-y.com/2012/01/random-11.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I popped over to take a boo and I will post mine up tomorrow so stop by then and take a look. :)

      Delete
  8. Sherri, I love pinterest and just found a recipie for my own chewy bars which are loved secondly only to nutella by two little men. I saw the nutella recipie and pinned it, I just don't know if I will actually make it. Thanks for linking up today. If you make the nutella let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh chewy bars sounds delicious. I am a huge fan of granola-y type bars.
      You are on pinterest? I am gonna have to follow you now.

      Delete