Wednesday 16 January 2013

Post block

Has this ever happened to you?
Maybe only me.

Today as I was writing a post I realized it just wasn't coming together right. Somehow along the way what I wanted to say and how I wanted to say it was getting lost. The message was getting lost in my translation.

I now know how Jesus feels. How many times does His message to us get lost in translation.

We (okay myself) tend  to read the scripture apply it to our lives in a way that make sense.
In a way that makes it easy for us.
How often do we miss out on what Jesus is saying simply because we are trying to make it easier.

I know as I am doing my bible studies I want to make what I read less challenging for myself. I want to somehow think that my behavior can be excused.
Oh don't get me wrong, deep down I know it's wrong when it's wrong, but still I am always looking for that out.

I have come to realize as I am reading Luke right now that I don't trust God enough. I give Him portions of my life and say sure have that part. That part is something I don't mind sharing. However what about the parts that I don't share with Him?
What about the parts that I don't share with many people let alone God?
I want to make it easy.
I don't want to challenge myself.
I fear failure.
I fear vulnerability.
I fear loss. Loss of love ones.
I block myself from God. Silly idea really when I know that He knows all of my life, loves me and accepts me for who I am anyways.

I want to be like Mary. I want to have that Blind Faith that can believe and trust in the Lord.
I want to lay my ENTIRE life down before Him.

I know this journey is not going to be easy. I know I will stumble, fall and be dragged kicking and screaming through parts of it. However I know also that no matter what I will receive the ultimate gift.

Please join me over at Mary Beth's to encourage others on our walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment