Thursday 26 July 2012

Family reunion time!

I am starting to get really excited. Tomorrow evening two of my sisters and myself fly to Vancouver Island to meet up with our other two sisters and our parents. Then on Sunday our brother and his wife fly in from Thailand. It will be the first time in 12 years that all of us siblings have been in one place together at the same time!

I know things will be stressful but oh so worth it.

Out of my individual family I am the only one going. Hubby has to work and frankly plane tickets were just too costly to bring our kids and the boys girlfriends. So while Mommy is away enjoying visiting with her siblings, Sarah gets to hang out with hers. Matt is taking her for the weekend. I never realized how convenient if would be to have an adult child. :)

I can only imagine what our parents must be thinking.
Even though growing up we all never lived together at one time (there is almost 22 years difference between myself and my oldest sister), it still must be fantastic to have all your children in one place.

I am so thankful that I am able to go on this trip. It will be fast and furious as we will leave at almost 9pm on Friday and get back to the city at 7:30pm Monday. However the chance to do this is priceless.

I am so thankful that I have all my siblings and my parents still. I realize that with the age of my parents that I will not have them around for a tremendous amount of years anymore. Therefore I think that it is so important that we are doing this for and with them.

I am so thankful that I have fantastic sons that are stepping up to the plate and looking after their sister while I am away.

I am thankful that I have an amazing friend that has offered to take Sarah for a 'break' for her brother and for Sarah. hahahah

Linking up today with Theresa at the Red Oak Road.

4 comments:

  1. What a blessing! Safe travels to you and enjoy every moment with your siblings and parents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was quite the trip but very worth it!

      Delete
  2. Yay for mini-reunions! I don't get the opportunity to get together with my siblings much either (not all at the same time), but when we do, it is always a great time. My dad beams with pride when we are all together and especially loves it when the grandkids can also be there. Have fun and cherish the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom and Dad were thrilled to have us all there. We were together for not quite 24 hours but it was very much worth it. I am so glad I went.

      Delete