Saturday 15 October 2011

Versatile Blogger Award

Wow I was so excited to find out today that Sharla at The Chaos and the Clutter honoured me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you so much Sharla, I feel very honored. I started out this blog as just simply a diary of sorts for me but it has grown into so much more for me. I have learned so much about myself and have grown into a better woman because of it.

So here it goes.

The rules for this award:

-Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.

-Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.

-Give this award to 15 recently discovered bloggers.

-Contact those bloggers and let them in on the news.

Seven things about me that you might not already know:
1. I come from a large extended family. I am the baby of 6. My mom had 14 brothers and sisters and my Dad also came from a family of six siblings. My husband is from a small family. He has one brother, his Mom has two siblings and his Dad also has only one. This can make the family dynamic interesting. As you can imagine at our wedding my side was full and spilled onto his side.

2. I have always wanted to be a Mom. When I was little I used to pray to God just to give me a baby. I was going to have four children, two boys and two girls. Names Donald (after a favorite cousin whom I lost way to early), Brad ( after my only brother), Grace ( after my aunt who passed away when I was three) and Isabelle ( another aunt who had passed away but she was only a baby herself).

3. I love outdoor activities. I love to quad, sled, swim, walk, etc.

4. I also love to take pictures. I am not the greatest but I am teaching myself. I pour over different websites looking for ideas and then attempt them with my camera. My handsome hubby recently gave me a new camera and over the course of a week of holidays I took tons and tons of pics.

5. I sometimes think it would be amazing to have lived in the 1800's. I do not mind hard physical labor and I love the sense of community that you had. With the big barn dances, celebrating together and worshipping together.

6. My husband and I have been married for 20 years. I met him when I was 18 almost 19 and we were married exactly 14 months after we first met. Although our road has not always been smooth by a long shot we have grown so much together and I am more in love with him now than I was 21 years ago.

7. I love decorating for the holidays. Any holidays. I love them all. I love getting together with family and celebrating every one. I enjoy being in my house when it is decorated for whatever the season. (Although I must admit, Halloween and Christmas are my two favorites).

Now for me to choose 15 blogs might be a bit of a challenge since I only have just recently started blogging and reading blogs but here it goes. These blogs are ones that I really enjoy and go back anxiously every day to see what is on their mind. I truely believe that if I lived nearby some of these wonderful ladies we would be fast friends.

The Macs

Dancing Again

Sam's Noggin

Lost in the Prairies...Found by God

Our Goodwin Journey

Bold Turquoise

Love my Life

The Marathon Mom

A holy experience

Homeschool on the Croft

Weird, Unsocialized Homeshoolers

Tolivers to Texas

A Penny Saved

Monkey Munch

Seeking Harmony

As you can tell by these blogs the interests that are in my life.
Have a great weekend everyone and Sharla again I thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! I'm sorry that I have to exclude my Canadian friends from blog giveaways. It's because of the laws governing giveaways in Canada. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the award! I enjoyed reading about you... my husband would have loved to be born in the 1800s :) me? well, I do like living in the country and farming and gardening but... I'd have to think about really living that way! although it was simple and beautiful for sure. community is amazing when people are working together. enjoyed your post! happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you know I'm part Canadian? My mom is Canadian, living in the US, but still Canadian and I have a lot of family in Windsor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award! Donald is a very Scottish name... it's our first son's first name - named after his paternal grandfather. Like your choices, all our kids were called after family memmbers :)

    I wonder if your 'Donald' came originally from Scotland? So many Scots (and LOADS from my island, the Isle of Lewis) emigrated to Canada. You live in a wonderful country ... we've been twice, but would absolutely love to see more of it. Maybe one day... (says she, dreamily!)

    Off to visit some more of your links :)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting learning more about you...funny that you and I thought we had our families all planned out (names included) when we were little girls!

    ReplyDelete