Wednesday 26 October 2011

Truth Tuesday

This is truth Tuesday a day late.
My excuse is that hubby came home last night. We watched a movie with our son and his friend and then off to bed.

So my daughter and I have been fighting a lot lately. I find I am shorter with her, have way less patience and some of the really minor things really bug me.

In turn she has been more sullen and has gave way more attitude. She has been sulky and not at all herself.

Now some of this can be blamed on hormones. (for both of us). I have mentioned that she is 13 right.

However Monday I thought I figured out what was wrong. We were not starting our day with God.

As you know we are homeschooling this year. Up until hubby and I left on our holiday, Sarah and I were starting each school day with a daily devotion, a small talk about what we had read and then wrapping it up with a prayer.
When we returned from holidays I never started that up again. 6 full school days later I figure it out.

Now as much as I like to tale credit for this you know this is ALL God. My daily bible reading yesterday morning took me to James 1 19-21.

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. (James 1:19-21 NIV)

How's that for him screaming at me.
Ok Lord I get it.

So we started the morning back with our devotionals, talk and prayer and lo and behold it was immensely better. We were both calmer and happier. Even her dance went better.

I find I must wonder when am I ever going to learn that I can't do it myself. That I need Him to survive. Not just to survive really either but to thrive.

I hope I finally figure this out soon.

On a side note I am very close to being done my B in 90 days and I am looking for another daily bible reading plan. Any suggestions??!

I am linking up Truth Tuesday with Sharla over at AThe Chaos and The Clutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment