Friday 23 November 2012

Chilly walk closer to the finish end

This week the temperatures have dropped. Last night we were -25C before the wind chill. It makes for mighty chilly evenings. These are the nights I just want to stay home cuddled before the fireplace with a good movie. But alas we were out and about for dance. Oh well pretty normal around here.

As for my 3 in 30 this week, it was another fairly productive week.


1. Totally and completely clean my kitchen. The walls need washed, the cupboards need cleaned out and sorted through. I have 2 pantry cupboards in the hallway that I want to condense down into one. Oh yea and the ceiling needs washed as well. LOL

I'm completely done this!! I love walking into my kitchen and knowing that it so clean. Well if I could manage to always keep the counters clean it would be. Hahahaha.

2. I would love to get all or at least most of my Christmas shopping/making down this month. I have some gifts I am making and I really want to get all the other stuff bought. I would love to focus on the meaning behind the holiday during the month of December. I know I probably will not get my baking done and I am totally ok with that. Something for Sarah and I to bond closer with in December. :)

I went out Wednesday night Christmas shopping and I got tons done. I still need to make a few gifts and buy about 5 more but then I will be finished. I am hoping this one will all be done by next weekend. Next Friday Sarah leaves for Calgary to do Christmas shoe boxes so Friday I will be sewing up a storm. I need to sew 3 blankets, some pj pants and a scarf. It will be busy but she leaves about 7:30 am and I have no where to be that day so I should manage to get most of it done.

3. Our spare room. This needs cleaned out in the worst way. This will be the room that our foster children go into and possibly our future children. (SQUEAL) I really want to get this done by December 1rst so that hopefully we can get our home inspection started then. Fingers crossed.

Getting closer on this one as well. I can hardly wait until next week and I can hopefully post pictures of a clean room. Fingers crossed that I can finish this one. It needs to be completely done by December 7 as both our foster care worker and our adoption care worker are coming out for the first part of the home inspection. Getting nervous.

We are going to have a busy weekend. Tomorrow Sarah has dance practice in town and then Rob and I got invited out with friends. Sunday both Sarah and I work at the church and then I am hoping to be able to get the tree up and it's Grey cup. That means at kick off I better have the appies out and enjoy some football with my hubby. 

I hope you all have a great and safe weekend.

I am linking up today with Aurie.

8 comments:

  1. You had a very productive and busy week! I'm still working on my kitchen, but you've motivated me to finish cleaning it this weekend.

    Having gone through the adoption process twice, I can understand your nervousness about the home visit. It's always a relief when that step of the process is over and you're one step closer.

    Congratulations on getting so much accomplished! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am glad I could inspire you. :)
      Thank you for your kind words. I am so nervous/excited/tense about the whole thing. I am looking forward to each step being done. :)

      Delete
  2. What a great week you had!! Way to go :) I love that feeling of knowing things are clean and put away! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels amazing to have homes for things that didn't previously have homes for. :D

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your progress. I got some online shopping done this week so I'm not feeling like I have to do everything for Christmas the week before now. Feels good to have at least some of it done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing to have started isn't it. I realized that I am about 3/4 done and to me that feels amazing. Hubby even bought one of the boys a gift this weekend so we can cross that off the list as well.

      Delete
  4. You have done great! I'll phone you so you can clean your spare room. That's how I get a lot of my cleaning done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE phone anytime!! However when you do phone I just go and curl up in a corner and enjoy the fact I am having adult conversation. LOL I love home schooling my daughter but a break is always nice.

      Delete