Friday 16 November 2012

1 done!!

It has been a interesting few weeks around here as I am sure you can tell from my lack of posts. I have just been in a funk and have had no real desire to connect with the outside world. 
However during that time I have been really busy at home.

1. Totally and completely clean my kitchen. The walls need washed, the cupboards need cleaned out and sorted through. I have 2 pantry cupboards in the hallway that I want to condense down into one. Oh yea and the ceiling needs washed as well. LOL

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! I am so happy about this!! Finally every cupboard is cleaned.Ceiling is done, floor was swept and then hand washed so the baseboards were also cleaned. Oven is done, Fridge is cleaned. All in all it looks great!!

2. I would love to get all or at least most of my Christmas shopping/making down this month. I have some gifts I am making and I really want to get all the other stuff bought. I would love to focus on the meaning behind the holiday during the month of December. I know I probably will not get my baking done and I am totally ok with that. Something for Sarah and I to bond closer with in December. :)

Not a lot done on this. I have 3/4 of a Christmas list from one boy and one gift from another. So this one has been pretty stagnant.

3. Our spare room. This needs cleaned out in the worst way. This will be the room that our foster children go into and possibly our future children. (SQUEAL) I really want to get this done by December 1rst so that hopefully we can get our home inspection started then. Fingers crossed.

Well I have actually been tackling this room now. We can actually walk in there. That is huge. We still have tons to go through but I am not overly worried. Although we actually have our social workers coming out on December 7th so it has to be done by then. Plus the house has to be kid-friendly by then as well. So we need to get a move on. LOL

Tomorrow we are off to friends for an early Christmas party. I am so looking forward to it. 
What about you? Do you have big plans for this weekend??

I am linking up today with Aurie. Come encourage some other 3 in 30 ers. LOL  

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend!! Hope you have a great time :)

    Great job on the goals - I remember trying to get our home ready for the state inspection. I'll be thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aurie. It is definitely a bit of a challenge as I have no idea what we are going to do with the stuff we have stored in the spare room. However I am sure we will find somewhere for it. How are things going on your end?

      Delete
  2. Good work this week! Must feel wonderful to have your kitchen goals completed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel good. Partly because now I am finally finding room for things that I have had out on a shelving unit. Now I can put them away properly.

      Delete
  3. We've had a good weekend but it's been consumed with move-related purging and last minute events. My husband deep cleaned our kitchen the week before last, it feels GREAT doesn't it?! Good luck with the purging before the inspection. What a good reason to have a deadline :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a busy weekend. Yay for your hubby deep cleaning like that.

      Delete
  4. Great work!!!! I always feel so much better when my kitchen is cleaned and organized! If only I could get it to that point again! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel amazing. I love having a clutter free house. Although to look at mine now you won't know that. LOL

      Delete
  5. Good job with your goals!! And I know what you mean about sometimes not wanting to connect with the outside world. I sometimes feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard when I get like that. I know I must connect otherwise I will stay in my funk longer. I hope things are going well with you.

      Delete