Monday 31 December 2012

Starting fresh for 2013

Loved the reflection of the light off of the new mirror.

There is something about this time of year that always brings fresh hope.
Hope that this coming year will be better.
Hope that I have learned from my lessons in the past year.
Hope that I can just simply be better.

This past few weeks have been interesting to say the least.
December was hard for me in many ways.
We were supposed to have our home visit and that was going to really kick off the foster to adopt front. When that got postponed as hard as I tried to not let it affect me it did.
I went into a funk and had a terrible time trying to climb out of it.
I was snippy with my hubby and my kids.
I didn't want to be around anyone.
I barely did my bible studies.
Basically overall I let Satan win.

The last few days have been a time of severe reflection for me.
2012 was a year of huge change.
Hubby changed his job and as of it we still don't know if it is the right spot for him.
We changed our income. (Although unfortunately the bills did not change. :( )
We made the huge step forward in the foster to adopt front. We told our families and received interesting feedback.
I made some huge changes in my faith.

However no matter how much I have changed I still keep falling back into the old patterns.
I tend to slip into a huge funk. To borrow a phrase from one of my amazing blog friends. "I am a huge hot mess".
This week I decided I like that. Because only through that will I constantly be needing Him. Only through hitting rock bottom will I find Him there.

So for 2013 I decided to reflect and make a goal word for the year.

Diligent!
Do you like?? lol

I plan to be more diligent on many fronts.
On parenting!
On being the wife my amazing hubby deserves.
On housecleaning.
On making sure we manage our budget and pay down our debt.
On staying faithful and working hard on my bible studies. (I know I need to grow so much more)
On remembering that I am a hot mess. Everyone stumbles and no matter what HE is always there for me.

What are you plans for 2013?  Do you have a word that you want to focus on this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment