Friday 21 September 2012

Small progress, but progress non the less

Well this week has been another full one. I guess now that we are on the move full time I had better get used to it. I had a few unexpected gliches in my week but all in all it wasn't too bad. I thought there was one particular bank in the town closest to me (about .5 hour away) when I got there I realized I was wrong and had to drive another 35 minutes to get to the bank I needed. Oops. Oh well all is well that ends well. After all when I drove to the bigger center I treated myself to a pumpkin spice latte so it was not a bad thing. :) Then to top it off my windshield has had a terrible howling the last few months and this week it finally got fixed. YAY!!

Anyway I digress from the point of this post.
1. Complete fall cleaning list.
Well I did work on this one this week. I managed to clean my kitchen window inside and out. Even removed the panes of glass so I could get at it all. :) 

I took this picture so you could enjoy the lovely fall day we are having. :)
 I defrosted out upright freezer, through away a whole bunch of freezer burnt food. :( and managed to give away 19 bananas to make banana loaf for the youth retreat. :)

 This freezer is next. Its also needs defrosting and organizing.
Yes I have a paint roller stored in my freezer. We redid our bathroom a couple weeks ago and I need to  finish the baseboards. I really need to get that done. :(
Plus I cleaned up and organized my desk. I won't show pics of that as it is still not overly pretty to anyone but me. :)

2. Get us on a really good working schedule, which includes making a schedule just for Sarah on stuff she needs to do everyday. 
I think I actually have this one mastered. I get up before her and do my bible studies and then wake her up. While she wakes up, I make myself breakfast and take my meds. Then while she is eating breakfast I write in her planner what she has to get down that day for school and then I go on line and enter my bible studies into the group. 
Her chore chart is a hit and miss but now before she goes outside to hang with her friends or if she has free time in the afternoon I make sure to remind her of it.

Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Make Bed
Make bed
Make bed
Make bed
Make bed
Make bed
Make bed
Clean room
Clean room
Clean room
Clean room
Clean room
Clean room
Clean room

School
School
School
School
School


Put away dance gear
Put away dance gear
Put away dance gear
Put away dance gear
Put away dance gear





Garbage in and out
Recycle

Dishes
Dishes
Dishes
Dishes
Dishes
Dishes
Dishes

Tidy Bathroom
Tidy Bathroom
Tidy Bathroom
Tidy Bathroom
Tidy Bathroom
Tidy Bathroom


Explanations and Expectations of above items.
Bed made properly every day.
Clean room: Means dirty laundry in basket, if have clean laundry put away, all dishes taken out and put in kitchen, all stuff picked up off of floor and put in proper spot. Twice a week vacuum.
School: All school work done for each day that is assigned to you. Once school is finished tidy up desk and area. Any dishes take to kitchen.
Put away dance gear: After dance every night put away dance bag in proper spot. Empty out lunch kit and put away in cupboard and put water bottle in the kitchen.
Thursdays garbage has to be taken to the curb and brought back to the house in the evening.
Fridays recycle the bottles and the cardboard. If outside bins are full you must bag them and put full bags UNDER the deck.               
Dishes: Once a day you must either help with dishes or do dishes by one self.
Tidy Bathroom: Toilet must be flushed. Sink wiped out. Dirty laundry put in basket. Mirror windexed. Floor swept. Twice a week also mop the floor and bathtub needs to be wiped.

3. Clean out camper, finish fall yard work, go through clothes and get rid of summer ones that are no longer fit or are falling apart. 
Nope this one was pretty much a fail. Although after doc appts tomorrow and a lunch with friends this is on our list. Or at least the cleaning out the sheds is. :D
The only thing that I did towards this was I found a skirt that had been given to me by my sister as she had lost a pile of weight. When I tried it on today it also was WAY to big so into the donate pile it went! I am super happy about that. :)

So all in all it wasn't a great week, but not a terrible one either. 
How was your week? Did you get a lot done on your list?

I am linking up today with Aurie.

16 comments:

  1. I love your detailed chore explainations. Now that two of my kids read, I really need to just write their chores down and then let them do it. It's the younger ones that have less jobs and more reminders. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you decide to make a chore chart Marcy what about pictures for the younger ones?

      Delete
    2. Today she had stuff that she really wanted to do so after school work I made sure that she had to do her chore chart. Wow you should see her room. LOL

      Delete
  2. I think I need a chore list..... even if its just for me! Thank you and I think you did great on your goals! I look at things where even baby steps are going to get you ro the finish line! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, I tried a daily list and would do some and forget some. I have learned that I mostly just wing it. LOL I am a fly by the seat of my pants some days type of person. :)
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Good grief, I felt tired just reading all that on your list! You'e doing great, Sherri!! Part of my clutter clearing has included the fridge & freezer, too, but I am still not done with them, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanine!! I love fall cleaning. Or at least I love the look of everything after it is all done. LOL

      Delete
  4. WOW! You were busy this week, Sherri! Great job on your goals! I especially like how you detailed your expectations on your daughter's chore list. That's such a good idea so that you both are on the same page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I realized that I would only get more frustrated when we weren't on the same page with her chores and so would she. This way she knows exactly what I want done. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! I've just come over from Auries. What a great detailed list and well done for achieving so much. Loving the paint roller in the freezer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It works great to freeze it but it does look rather hilarious sitting in there. :) Thank you for stopping by!!

      Delete
  6. Okay, come on over to my place and work your magic! Great job on your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I am exhausted after my place and still have a million things I want done. :)

      Delete
  7. You did great this week! My freezer needs to be cleaned out and organized, as well, but it'll have to wait. I hope that you were able to get your shed cleaned out yesterday. If so, please post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I think you did a great job :) Way to go on the deep cleaning - I really need to get a move on before it gets too cold here to do anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aurie, that is why I am moving my butt now. We have been busy with the fall spruce ups. :)

      Delete