Thursday 15 December 2011

Thankful Thursday



As I contemplated what I would write for my Thankful Thursday many different ideas popped into my head.
Such as my amazing hubby who works so hard to provide for this family.
For my wonderful kids whom the Lord has blessed me with.
For my continual growth in my spiritual walk.
For the fact that the weather has been very good so far this year even if it means we might not have a 'white Christmas'.
These are just a handful of the ideas.
However when I went to sit down tonight to write this post, two main ones popped into my head.
First.
My sister. I actually have 4 sisters. There is 6 siblings all together. One boy smack in the middle of us girls. However the one sister that I am referring to tonight is the one closest to me in age. She is the one that had the honor of tormenting me as I grew up. She is 6 years older than me ( I am the baby). She told me to eat mud pies cause they taste just like chocolate. She taught my how to drive a standard. She gave me the "talk". She was always around for me whenever I have ever needed support in any shape or form. Now here is when I do let you know that I love all my sisters very much. We all have our different and unique relationships however Barb and I are a little bit closer than the others.
Tonight while I was waiting at dance my phone rings and here is Barb on the other end. Now I must also add now that lately I have been bummed and also just not feeling the greatest. Today I even had a nap which is very much unlike me. So now here is Barb calling me. She also had a terrible day. But by the end of the conversation we were both laughing so hard. She totally lightened up my mood and made me feel loved and cared for. I only hope I was able to do the same for her.

Second.
Now this is kind of a funny story sort of. As I have said my daughter dances and she had dance exams this past weekend. On Friday morning she had jazz and away we rush to her dance. Now jazz is her strong one, she loves to move that girl. Anyway on Sunday morning her and I head off to her tap test. I realise that we had not prayed for her jazz test so I asked her if she would like to pray for her tap test. She says yes she would like to very much. So on the way to town we pray. Now tap is something she struggles with a bit. So before her exam she is nervous, misses up on a question and gets even more nervous. Then into the test she goes. After the exam she comes out all smiles. Tells me she felt great and that she felt she did way better in her tap test than her jazz test. Now Tuesday rolls around and she gets her exam results back (which she did really well on both by the way) and her tap results were higher than her jazz results.
So me being my took awhile to process this so this morning before school as I am waiting for her to come to join me on the couch to have our morning prayer all the sudden I realise that we had talked to God before her prior exam. We had invited Him into our lives and we had asked Him to be with Sarah during her exam and of course He was. It sometimes takes me a bit to realise just how much I need Him and how He is ALWAYS there for us not matter what. He was there to comfort her and keep her calm and focused when she needed to be.
I love aha moments!

I am linking up with a wonderful lady who has a fabulous Thankful Thursday post herself this week. Come over and join her at The Marathon Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment