Saturday 13 August 2011

A date with my daughter.

This morning was Sarah and mine monthly card making class. We drive to town once a month and make 3-4 cards each. Now the price for these is pretty cool, if we only want to make cards occasionally and not be a part of hostessing ( every month is a different ladies turn and even though we always hold it at the same place each lady supplies lunch for all of us in turn for being the "hostess"), and then we would only have to pay 10/person and that is that. If we choose to be part of the hostessing then on course one month a year we have to supply a meal and then in turn we order a minimum 30 dollars worth of stampin up product. Now since I am new to and fell in love with scrapbooking you can just imagine what route we take. Now saying saying that I decided not to have Sarah be apart of the hostessing as I might not always take her and then I would have to pay my monthly order for her anyway and that as you can imagine would get expensive and some months are just draining on the pocket book so that way I am only commited to 30 per month. Anyway...boy I really can ramble...next month is my turn to host and I must say I am getting a little excited about it. I finally get to order my big ticket items for WAY less. and maybe, just maybe some free product as well!!! WhooHOOOOOOO!!!! Just in time for the church scrapacinos ladies to start up again. :)

So other than that I was fairly lazy today. Did a bit of regular tiding up not hard to maintain now that currently I don't have any littles living here. The main course was leftovers so only had to make the two side dishes which was easy peasy. Sarah and I did dishes and watched a movie. Nice relaxing day.

On a side note regarding my 3 in 30

I caught up with my bible reading and I am back on track!!! I am so happy about that. I even got up an extra 45 min early this morning so that I could bath and spend time reading his word. How I am loving this. Yes I have questions for sure, but just the sheer fact that I am spending time learning about HIS WORD is wonderful. I feel more calm. Now don't get me wrong there is still many moments in a day when I want to and do in fact lose my cool, but I do believe I am starting to level out more.

I also had to run to the grocery store today as we were almost out of milk and the only thing that I bought besides milk was some flowers. I am so proud of myself. Now yes you could argue with me and say that I did not need to buy the flowers and you are right I probably didn't but oh how I love to look at fresh flowers on my table. I am thinking if I am cutting back on needless grocery expenditures that maybe just maybe I can splurge for fresh flowers maybe once a week or even once a month. We will see, but I sure hope so. It just feels more homey with them here.

The one thing that I seem to really be struggling on is the school room but hey I still have time right. hahahaha
Now off to church tomorrow. Sarah is working in the nursery. Something she volunteered for herself and is loving it. She spends one Sunday a month in there and usually one Sunday a month at Stay and Play ( which does not happen during the summer months.) I think it is a great idea and way for her to get involved in the church besides her youth group which should start up again in another month or so.

Well off to bed as morning seems to come earlier and earlier. I guess that is what happens when I am starting to kick my own butt out of bed in the mornings so I can have quiet bible time. But oh it has been soooooo worth it. ( And I love love love my sleep)

No comments:

Post a Comment