Friday 16 May 2014

Contentment

I've been struggling lately to find peace.
Partly because I feel unsettled with some changes we are making.
Partly because some changes are happening that are not in my control.
Partly because last week I struggled hard to do my bible studies.
This week is somewhat better.
I am however still struggling with letting go.
Letting Him in fully.
Fighting for that control I know I really shouldn't have in the first place.

Than I stumbled across this old post I had wrote but never published and I thought how apt it is for what I need right now.
It's about how I find contentment in the middle of chaos.



Sometimes contentment can be a struggle.

Especially when you are looking for it in the wrong places.

Contentment for me means spending time with HIM!!
It means spending time with my handsome hubby and wonderful children.
Family, friends, pets, peace.

One thing I really noticed is the more I grew closer to the Lord, the more happier, contented and at peace I grew. Funny how those things go hand in hand. lol

Today I thought I would show you some of the places where I can find peace.

This kitty that loves to cuddle ALL THE TIME!! Wherever I am in the house she always wants to climb into my lap for a snuggle even when I am working.
My crazy sisters.
I have two more that aren't in this pic as they weren't there for the weekend. But love having the family time.

This sign that said above crazy sister gave us for house warming gift.
Pretty much sums us up. LOL
My girlie and her puppy.

Heading to the vet for the first time. There is a post soon to be up regarding that. 

This incredibly handsome man that I was fortunate enough to snag off of the market when we were virtually babies.

Here he is helping me add some color to our house. Also a post on that coming soon.

The ability to laugh at myself. To be myself and to love myself.

Love my elmo onsie that my handsome hubby gave me for Christmas.

How do you find contentment?
Do you ever struggle with this? Please tell me I am not the only one. :)
When you find yourself struggling do you know why??

No comments:

Post a Comment