Saturday 30 July 2011

Carving out more time for his word.

So spend a nice chunk of the day reading and finding new blogs. And I read something today that really struck a cord in my brain. This wonderful lady said that less than 10% of proclaimed Christians have read the entire bible. We find time to do many other things but not read the bible. This really struck me. As I have said before I have struggled with my path.

I feel like there is times when God is shaking his head and saying come on Sherri you know better than that. Or saying 'Look child I you can do this I have shown you the correct path'.

I mean I have time to blog, time to read blogs, time to watch tv, time to quad, sled, swim, suntan, clean the house but I am having struggles trying to find time to read my bible. Now this is partly because I don't know where to start and how to go about doing it. Do I start at Genisis and work my way through or what? And partly because I am a tiny wee bit of a control freak and I am petrified about giving free rein to God. However in saying that I know I need to and it will make me a much more fullfilled women, wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend.

Sooooo.... That will be my first of 3 in 30 for August. Tomorrow I will do tons of researching and decide where to start and go from there. So stayed tuned not only to see how I have done but also what my other two items are.

No comments:

Post a Comment