Sunday 10 July 2011

Busy, busy, busy.

Its amazing how much work one can accomplish when they don't have to run to dance, get ready for Grad, help more their son out on his own, attend yet another funeral or just basically run, run, run.

Yes this past month was pretty crazy but this past week was by far the most emotional.

I had the joy of watching my second son graduate 10 days ago. Although it made me so extremely proud to see that he accomplished this, it also made me sad. We have not always seen eye to eye. In fact more often that not we do not. We have fought, struggled, cried and just basically did anything we could to survive for him to graduate. Now don't get me wrong we both love each other immensely. And in fact I think some of the reasons we butted heads is because we are alot alike. Now fast forward one week and he moves out. He is my first child to do so and I am finding it so weird. The house seems so different so empty even though really I am only down one child. He always makes me laugh and we are often on the same page without hardly saying a word. It is strange that it has only been two days and already I miss him like crazy.

Sooooooo..... to keep myself sane...oh did I mention that my youngest is gone to L.A. for 6 days right now for dance? Sooo.... to keep myself sane I have been cleaning. Some would call it spring cleaning although that doesn't seem right since it is almost the middle of July. I have cleaned out Brandon's old room and made a craft room for me. (something I have always wanted). I have cleaned out our front porch, I moved all the furniture in the living room and dining room and cleaned out all the dust bunnies. I cleaned out pantry cupboards, I have done lots of baking (which I love by the way), I am just trying not to go to crazy and miss my kids like nuts. Thank goodness during this time Matt is still living at home. Did I mention he plans to move out by the end of summer. Welcome to my crazy life.

Now on a side note. I just want to mention that I have an amazing husband whom I am so thankful for. He gives up so much to provide us with a roof over our heads and food on our table. Also the ability for our kids to play sports, dance and travel for all those activities. He means so much to me and I would rather spend time with him than anyone else. So too my hubby...Thank you!!!! I love you soo much angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment