Tuesday 19 March 2013

Reflection

As I sit in my truck tonight, waiting for Sarah to be done dancing I'm reflecting on the day, on the past year and a half of days. Looking back, looking forward.

Today something awesome happened. (Besides me having enough energy to clean lol).
Today my daughter scored 100% on a math assignment.
It doesn't matter that she is working at a level in math far below her grade level. It doesn't matter that we disagree a lot of the days, what matters most is that in a subject where she struggles so much. Where every mark is a reason for celebration, today she managed to grasp a part of the subject matter and excel at it.
I know I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about this. It doesn't matter that tomorrow could possibly bring more frustration and heartache.
What matters is that for brief moment today she shined brightly!!!

Reason 1 000 056 why I am soooo happy we homeschool!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for her!! I understand exactly how that is! My son struggles with reading, and when he reads well (no matter what the level of text) it is a huge accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete