Monday 29 October 2012

Sparkly Spiderwebs

This month I was committed to making several crafts. Since hubby and I went out to the shed and was unable to find my Halloween decorations I thought I would peruse Pinterest to see what I could find. I showed how I made my dryer vent pumpkins here.
Well I saw this I knew I had to try that. This is a very inexpensive craft.
All you need is some glue and some glitter. I found white school glue to be the best, although I also used some gel glue. It made thinner webs.
Also something to put them on. A piece of wax paper works great.

Start by drawing out whatever pattern you want with the glue. We made webs, 'Boo', and a couple misshapen ghosts.

For the webs I drew circles around each other. Each one a bit bigger. I simply eyeballed this, but if you wanted more perfection you could easily print something off of the computer and put it under the wax paper as a pattern.
I then drew lines through the circles.
Next came the dollar store glitter. This went a long way. We made 5 webs, 3 Boo's, and the two ghosts and only used about 1 and a quarter of the glitter bottles.
Then sprinkle it all over the glue. Make sure to cover all of the glue as this is what makes it sparkle and stay together better.
The directions say to let it sit for 24 hours and then shake the glue off and then let it sit for another couple of days. But I will be honest I was impatient so I started picking at the first one within 12 hours. I never did shake the glitter off until I removed all of them. It is best to let them sit for at least 2 to 3 days. The middle of some of the webs was still sticky after even that long.
I then used some white thread as that was all I had on hand. I wanted fishing line, but hubby was away and I wanted them up.
We then hung them in the window.
I think they turned out really cute.
This is such an easy craft. And very inexpensive for all 10 items we made it maybe cost two dollars. Maybe.

If you decide you want to try your hand in these I would love a link back to be able to see how they went.

No comments:

Post a Comment