Tuesday 30 October 2012

A point to ponder

These past few weeks have been fairly topsy turvy.
So much going on in our lives right now.
We have had some news that hits pretty close to home lately.
We are busy with the paperwork for the foster to adopt.
We have been busy every weekend doing something or the other.
Life just doesn't seem to slow down.
Here is my girl getting ready to go on her weekend teen retreat. I had wanted to take many pictures of her while she was leaving. Partly to post on her, partly for her scrapbook and mostly because I was going to miss her.

In the midst of it all my bible studies have really grounded me. They are keeping me focused on what is important. HIM!!

You can tell by her beautiful expression how sick she is getting of me taking her picture.  

This past week I have noticed a large change in me. I am calmer, I am happier, (even with all the stuff that is not so happy in my life), I am much more open about being a Christian. I am slowly starting to live the life I know God wants me to live.

In the midst of it all my family is reaping great rewards. Me being calmer and happier has to be a huge blessing to them. I am slower to anger. I love deeper and stronger. I am letting go of my old hurts one by one. I am learning to love Him and let Him into my life so much more.

Here is that beautiful smile that I love so much.

It is amazing what something so simple as letting Him into my life more and more fully can do for everyone around me. Imagine what it will be like when I finally let go and let Him in totally. Now imagine if we all did that. What a world it would be.


2 comments:

  1. I love the pics Sherri. I love what God is doing in your life and can hardly wait to see you on Friday. Barring any further incidents and terrible weather. I"m praying it all away.

    So happy to see that beautiful smile on your girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marcy. I am looking forward to Friday as well!! It will be so nice to be able to sit down and get a good visit in. :)

      I love looking at pictures of her smiling, especially after the past few years with her school drama.

      Delete