Friday 9 September 2011

A tad bit of randomness.

I just want to send an update on my 3 in 30.

1. Keep reading my bible in 90 days.
Yep this is going great!! I read every night before bed and again every morning. This is my time in the morning to be able to soak up the Word. Although most mornings my kitty thinks that she should join me and occasionally I need that cup of coffee to clear my mind enough.


2. Stay with the plan to remain frugal and help pay off debt faster.
Yep still working on this. No fancy pic to show you.

3. Do some sewing.
Ok this I am completely and utterly thrilled that I am doing this. I started finishing a quilt that my mom and I had started 6 ( insert embarrassed face here) years ago. I am not quite done it but I need to run to town to get some brown yarn to 'tie' it with.
However today I attempted for the first time ever by myself to make a quilt from scratch and I finished it!!! Whohoooooo! Mind you it is only a crib quilt, but I measured, cut, sewed, stuffed, sewed some more, finished and cut the seams by myself ( ok my daughter helped me my bringing me the blocks to sew together once I laid them out on the floor in the pattern I wanted) .
I am so excited by this. I am giving it as a baby gift tomorrow so I REALLY hope she likes it.

I turned over the edge so you could see the back.

I am thrilled that I am able to do this for a good friend of ours. This was not inexpensive in any means but it is a very heartfelt gift. I think I will do more, I have some more baby gifts to make so thinking about that.

Joining Michelle at Lost in the Prairies for Caffinated Randomness.

No comments:

Post a Comment