Wednesday 8 January 2014

Remembering

Today I attended the funeral of a long time family friend whom I was fortunate enough to have called my bus driver.
When I got the news (via text from my sister) I gasped. Hubby asked me what was wrong and I simply told him my bus driver passed away. He said by my reaction he thought it was family. I told him that he was.
This man was more than my bus driver.

He has been a part of my entire life.

When I was younger and first starting Kindergarten I was only 4, this wonderful man became my bus driver. It was great to be have him to drive me to school. To pass that time with someone familiar.

When my parents moved into town when I was 12, things were different, but not in a bad way.

His wife and him were often over visiting with my parents or we saw them out and about in the community.

They were at the curling rink. My parents bowled with them.

After I grew up and moved out, whenever I ran into them when I was back visiting my parents it was always with a big hug and how are you.

He taught my so much. I loved seeing his familiar face and knowing that I was loved by these friends of Mom and Dad.

Rest in Peace Lloyd. You will be forever missed.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you!! I have so many wonderful memories of him and his wife. So happy to have had them in my life.

      Delete