Friday 27 July 2012

3 in 30 update.

I can hardly believe that it is the end of July already. This summer is just flying by.

1. Read many books.
I have read quite a few this month. I am in the process of reading another one which more then likely will be finished off this weekend.

2. Finish up with school and then spend the rest of the month 'un-schooling'.
Well school is finished!! However now I need to enroll her for next year. I have been working on her math with her. Nothing workbook related just making her add and subtract simple things. We also will be doing so me cool science experiments next month. I have been pinning like a mad woman so can hardly wait to try out some of the ideas.

3. Spend every spare second of this month camping or doing day trips.
Well that was kind of put on the back burner as an impromptu family reunion is taking place this weekend in B.C.. Not to mention that my husband's Uncle had a what they believe is a heart attack last week and so on hubbies days off we spend a lot of time with his parents which are done looking after his uncle. However next weekend we are hoping to take off and the then the week and weekend after that Sarah and I are camping up by my sister's camper.

It has been a great month so far. I thought I would spend the month being 'lazy', but as it turns out the healthier I get the more energy I get the less being lazy is appealing.

Now for August...

1. Get organized, get organized, get organized.
           a) I am putting together a planner that works for this household. I just need ink. Oops. LOL
                        I am hoping that with this planner I will be organized enough to keep up with my blog posts.
          b) I need to clear out some junk, file things and just generally clean up the clutter.

2. Get ready for school.
           a) This includes getting the school room set up.
           b) Getting the school books in order.
           c)Starting her back gently with some cool iPad apps that I will blog about later on.
           d) Get myself mentally prepared.

3. I am hoping to do the photo a day for a month.
           I found this really adorable blog that does this challenge every month. I am not sure if I will enter my pictures or not. But I really want to take them. I am hoping this gets me using my camera that I love more.

And now because I am feeling healthier inside and out I want to do a number 4.

4. Do the Good Morning Girls group.
             I joined this last week. It doesn't start up until the 20th of August but in the meantime I am trying to get up earlier and spend time in HIS Word first thing. The last two mornings have gone great. I have had really productive days and I tend to be less tense.

What about everyone else?
I am excited to see how everyone did this month and I am looking forward to see what your goals are for next month.

I am linking up today with Aurie for the 3 in 30 update.


8 comments:

  1. You did great this month! It's hard to believe that it's almost time for school again, isn't it? Like you, we've been doing school through the summer, and it just doesn't feel like it's time yet for the next year.

    And you have great goals for next month. I haven't thought much about mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is so hard to believe that it is almost that time again. Summer always flies by so fast. I look forward to seeing yours this week.

      Delete
  2. I have let my reading slip. Being so exhausted with pregnancy, I barely have kept my eyes open. I think I'm coming out of the fog and the desire to read and blog is returning. Yay!

    I'd love to hear more about (and see) your planner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to read, but I will admit the busier I am the more it slips.
      I have what I think are going to be great ideas. Hopefully they work. LOL

      Delete
  3. Looks like you made great progress on your July goals! I'm working on getting the homeschool year planned as well. Will enjoy seeing what you come up with for the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love planning and organizing. It is probably my favorite part. LOL

      Delete
  4. Way to go on your progress! I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's uncle - praying all is well and he is on the mend soon!

    Great goals for August! I have YET to figure mine out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aurie. Things might have taken on another strange turn with Rob's uncle. Just praying right now.

      I am sure yours will be great. I look forward to reading them on Friday.

      Delete