Saturday 2 June 2012

Time passes by so fast

What did I do Friday night?? Well I spent 5 hours sitting waiting patiently while my daughter had 4 out of 7 of her dances pictures taken.
To say it was a long night would be an understatement.
However I have realized that my kids are growing up FAST!
When my boys moved out this past year, one last July and one this past December I realized just how fast time really does fly. How is that only yesterday they were running up to me with hand fulls of beautiful dandelion bouquets and now they are moved out and living on their own.
The one really good thing that their growing up has done for me has made me realize that I need to focus on the little things more. I don't mean dwell on them but realize that it is the little things that I miss the most.
Such as spending hour after hour after hour at what ever sporting event they were playing in. Travelling here to there and making memories along the way. Enjoy the sound of laughter as we are all gathered around a meal or listening to them tease one another or myself as we just simply spend time together.
So now I take pictures. Small snapshots of special memories that they and myself will love for years to come. I have learned not to just take posed photographs. Everything doesn't have to be perfect, in fact I usually get the best faces when they are not. :)
Tonight I brought along my own camera to take some pics. I must admit I felt a bit weird bringing my camera to a photography studio but I figured that after all we would be outside in the lobby so I could capture some images that she is going to want to remember forever, and honestly so am I.

So first we had our goofy pictures.
 Making memories and enjoying being friends.
 Making some friends to last a lifetime.
 Now onto the I am to cool for you picture. There is no way this girl has it in her to be super serious so we opted for the having fun pic instead.
 This is the one I wanted. I wish I would have had my camera at a better angle but when you are landing on tile floor not so fun. Maybe try this one outside this summer.
 My beautiful baby, looking so grown up.
 And graceful.
I took a pile more but will save you from all of them right now. LOL
Some of them I am saving for a blog post in the future. It is an idea that I got from my bloggy friend Lynette.
Have a great weekend everyone!!
By the way have I mentioned lately how happy I am to be back?  :)

6 comments:

  1. The pictures are beautiful! The smiles are priceless! I now take my camera everywhere I go, because there are such precious moments, like these, that I feel like I may miss if I don't.

    You are so right! The time goes by too quickly and we need to better appreciate what is right before us before it's gone.

    I hope you have a great weekend! Many blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa!
      I try to take my camera everywhere but still forget a lot of the times. I am really glad that my phone takes such great pictures. :)
      So far I am having a pretty great weekend. God is great!!

      Delete
  2. The pictures are lovely - it's amazing how quickly time flies, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aurie. Yes it is. Tonight I went to the movies with some girlfriends and my oldest son and his girlfriend showed up. I stopped and looked at him and thought how is it even possible that he became a man already. Isn't he only 4. lol
      I miss them as babies but am also loving the stages they are all in now. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, it's easy to get bogged down in the here and now and remember that that time changes so quickly. Thanks for reminding us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is WAY easier when your children are younger to forget how fast time really does fly. Not only are two of my children moved out but I also have ageing parents. Really makes me appreciate time spend with the ones I love more. :)

      Delete